500 Humboldt Research Fellowships for International Applicants in Germany, 2017
Up to 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships are available for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany. Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines may apply.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany.
Study Subject(s): Applicants choose their own research projects and their host in Germany and prepare their research plan independently. Details of the research project and the time schedule must be agreed upon with the prospective host in advance.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship is worth 3,150 EUR per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.
Additional benefits for research fellowsare provided.
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than twelve years prior to the date of application. If it is not possible or customary to take a doctorate in the candidate’s subject or country, an application may be submitted up to 16 years after completing a Master’s or Diploma degree, provided that the publication record is commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
- The candidate’s own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Three expert reviews from important collaborative partners and/or academics from the candidate’s own institute and, if possible, from abroad.
- Necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
Nationality: Scientists and scholars of all nationalities may apply for these Humboldt Research Fellowships.
Application Deadline: Applications may be sent at any time. The complete application should be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection date. The selection committee meets three times a year, in March, July and November.